Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ,

Thinking about building a bobber and everyone seems very knowledgeable on this site.

Cheers

Marty

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hi Marty, always good to have another UK member on here. I bought a David Bird bolt on for my '68 frame and it is a great quality piece.

Why not start a build thread and lets see what you've got so far?

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan,

Not got a bike yet still looking, I think I need a T120 650 between 1960 - 1970 to fit one of his hardtails (Bolt on) , is that how you understand it mate ?

Marty

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
As far as I know they will fit any front loop of that era. If you contact Dave he will be able to give you more info. Ive got his email somewhere I think, Ill look.

He is also on this board.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be very greatfull if you could dig it out for me please. Off to the Netley Marsh Eurojumble next week to see whats about.

Cheers

Marty

P.S. What do you know about bolting a hard tail on to an exisiting old bike. Can you keep the same registration etc ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
P.S. What do you know about bolting a hard tail on to an exisiting old bike. Can you keep the same registration etc ?
If you buy a bike with a V5C and the frame no. matches, you'll have no problems. You will need to advise your insurer of any mods you do, if you want to get kosher cover.
If you are starting from scratch, you'd be best advised to get a whole bike to start with, regardless of condition. At least this way, you know whats meant to be there, even if you junk half of it. You can trade or sell the bits you don't want to get some of your money back.
If you are going to Netley Marsh, Friday is the better day to go, if you can blag time off work.
HTH,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information **** , that's pretty much what I thought. Got Friday off work so that should be good.

Cheers mate.

Marty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
**** , what about the M.O.T. when the bike is finished , will it be a problem if there are some mods to the bike ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
**** , what about the M.O.T. when the bike is finished , will it be a problem if there are some mods to the bike ?
Pre '73, there are very few requirements, ie. no indicators etc., but anything fitted must work OK. There are a few M.O.T. places on the south coast that are "understanding", but not for banding about the internet. Let me know when you are ready and I'll point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Take a look at my bike, I don't see there will be a problem with the MOT. If you Google MOT rules you can download a booklet. I did that and just made sure I conformed to the rules. Its really no sweat.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you buy a bike with a V5C and the frame no. matches, you'll have no problems. You will need to advise your insurer of any mods you do, if you want to get kosher cover.
If you are starting from scratch, you'd be best advised to get a whole bike to start with, regardless of condition. At least this way, you know whats meant to be there, even if you junk half of it. You can trade or sell the bits you don't want to get some of your money back.
If you are going to Netley Marsh, Friday is the better day to go, if you can blag time off work.
HTH,
Hi ****, I might have a bike lined up which was imported a while ago from Australia and has never been registered so no V5C , do you think that would be a problem or would your comments above still stand

Cheers

Marty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes mate put it on but bad time to sell a bike just now i fink so i will kepe it for now . not giving it away ;) did you get your bike ??? :cool:
Not yet mate , I might have one lined up which was imported from Australia a few years back , but I am worried about legal stuff with regard to putting a bolt on hard tail because its not got a Log Book , so its never been registered in the U.K.

Marty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts