Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Irish Rich had a 2-part article in the Horse a while back about a wiring module for a Twin Cam engine (article was called 'Twin Cam Taboo'). Who made that module? Anyone else make something like that now? Gracias.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
hogtownhd said:
Irish Rich had a 2-part article in the Horse a while back about a wiring module for a Twin Cam engine (article was called 'Twin Cam Taboo'). Who made that module? Anyone else make something like that now? Gracias.
It was Altmann Micro-Machine in Germany. It's the little box with the blue light below the coil in the picture. That's the whole ignition - all it uses is the crank position sensor. No ignition module, no MAP sensor, no bank angle sensor, no cam position sensor if it's an early TC88. I set those little micro-pots on it 17 months ago, and have never touched it since. 5 wire hookup, no stock harnass required.

http://www.amm.haan.de/P3/default.htm

Vulcan (the same company who made my TC88 adapter plate) has a setup now that uses an Evo-type ignition that goes in the fake TC nosecone cavity, but I don't know how well it holds up, and I don't know anybody running one.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Oh yeah, and the Daytona Twin-Tech, but it's basically a control module that plugs into the stock wire harnass in place of the OEM one, so you're back to the stock harnass for part of your wiring, and you still need to wire in an ignition module.

Like I said in the article, when you add in all the stuff that you need to make all the other systems work, and try and hide all the stuff on a minimal bike so it looks good, the cost difference in parts and hassles isn't worth trying to save a couple bux.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking we're going to go with the Vulcan setup. If we do, I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts