Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only run an S&S, I got a Mikuni HSR42 on my new EVO 80', shot gun high pipes with baffles, Crane Hi4 ignition. Yes I gotta get a new air cleaner. gotta put a K&N in the little chrome housing.
I'm to learning the tuning excercises, turns out I need a larger pilot jet. Can't the idle steady. Any tips on tuning these, I just want to get the right jets and needle, with out having to do step one, order parts, do step 2 order parts and so on.
o yeah and here is a pic of the bike. I don't think it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I'm figuring, I am ordering the rubber flange manifold adapter, I just got a mikuni intake. I forgot to mention I'm currently running a screaming Eagle intake with one of them o-ring type James gaskets, it's tight. But the manual does say that there might be a manifold leak with that type of setup. will change that first.

·
Registered
845 Posts
You can check for leaks by spraying carb cleaner on the mating surfaces, if the RPM's go up you know you've got a leak there. I had manifold leak issue on a bike of mine and thing thing acted really irratic til I found out it was bad gaskets using this trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts