Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tryed painting my head in autostore engine paint(duplicolor), seems it bubbled up from some carb cleaner overspray. any body sugest any thing tuffer? any one tryed por 15 engine paint?

and dont tell me engine pant is just regular paint w/ a new label http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30135 . any one whos ever tryed to beadblast a 50's triumph jug know thats not true.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Find some VHT "barrel paint" ......i got some from Shoemans Custom Cycle back when I lived in Reno and was building my FL......best paint I have ever used...stayed on the jugs AND stayed glossy and nice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
POR 15 is the shiznitlebam snip snap sam. What I mean to say is yes it works really good. I used it on my 70 chevy and it layed down nice and smooth and holds up really well under the heat. Main thing with anything is the prep work. You gotta make sure it's good and clean before you lay it down, but the POR 15 will hold up to pretty much anything.

·
Registered
183 Posts
zgears, try vht flame proof coating. i've used it on turbo system hot side pipes. this stuff works best if you bake cure it. i think it's in 3 stages of heat. did it in a donor electric stove i powdercoat in. anyway, the stuff is tought as nails.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i just got some Por 15 engine paint, im wondering if i should put a cadilist in it. maybe ill do a test piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts