Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's been covered, but for some reason I can't find it here. So, here it goes:
I have a '78 T140 engine in a chopper frame. Very basic, as in headlight tail/brake light and that's all. It's 12 volt, and has points. I want to rewire it, because the wiring on it when I got it was very poorly done. I have a Podtronics regulator, an Accel dual outlet coil, and a battery. Is there a wiring diagram available? Can anyone point me to one? I've seen several on LowBrow's sight, but they all have Boyer ignitions.
Thanks,
Jimmi

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Google Chopper Wiring Diagram. You can keep looking on this site as well. It's just a matter of finding the right key words. But, I'm pretty sure the first search should cover it for you. Also, British Cycle Supply, British Only and maybe a few others have on-line diagrams of various chopper wiring diagrams in their tech help sections.

Good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks. I found one on Rask Cycle's website that has my components, but it's a positive ground. I think it will work, but I'm not entirely sure. I guess I'll try it and see what happens. Is changing to a negative ground as simple as reversing the ground on the podtronics? Anyone know? There's so much info it's kind of hard to decipher exactly what I need to be doing!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes, the Podtronics does not care which way you ground. Yellow wires go to the alt wires (either way) and the red is positive, black negative. Here is one diagram, although it's positive ground. Mity max and podtronics are interchangeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THAT'S THE TICKET!!:D Exactly the wiring diagram I needed. Thanks so much. This forum rules.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts