Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what whitworth size the two bolts are that keeps the carbs on the heads? got to buy a new wrench.....

·
Registered
897 Posts
Shooty,Do yourself a favor and buy a set of wrenches.If you need one now you'll need more some other time.Spend what your budget will allow.I've bought cheap sets for around $40 on evilBay.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frosty said:
Shooty,Do yourself a favor and buy a set of wrenches.If you need one now you'll need more some other time.Spend what your budget will allow.I've bought cheap sets for around $40 on evilBay.
I have a couple wrenches...just not the one i need for the carbs. It's for the bolt that conects the carbs to the extensions.

Definitely thinking about investing in a full set.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey ,You Should Be Able To Get A Good set Of Spanish made Accesa Combination BS Wrenches They Are About £20.00 here in the UK From The Vellocette Motorcycle Company in Birmingham Uk,They Wholsale to Most of the major British Distributors in the US, Ask Your Local Dealer For Info!

Cheers The baron.:)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
yeah i guess it depends on what year yer bike is.
i think they stopped useing whitworth around '69 or'70.
i was really confused when i got to the carb nuts on my BSA. up until than i had a socket or wrench to fit eveything but that nut.
it turns out it was a 17/32. luckily i had one.
unless yer a tool nut(like me) or a machinist ya prolly dont have one. but they do exist.

if it's earlier and a whitwoth i cannot help ya.
good luck.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I heard the best thing to do is buy a set of wrenches that had a lot of 32nd sizes.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's a '68. I know i need to buy a set etc....i HAD the wrench but now i don't. All i'm asking is if anyone knows what size the bolt is so i don't have to buy a whole set for one wrench.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shooty said:
it's a '68. I know i need to buy a set etc....i HAD the wrench but now i don't. All i'm asking is if anyone knows what size the bolt is so i don't have to buy a whole set for one wrench.
I have 2 68 TR6 engines out in the garage.
The MK2 engine has 1/4 w nuts w lock washers to hold on the carb and the MK3 engine has 3/16w shakeproof nuts on it.
I also have a 68 MK3 T120 engine that has 3/16w shakeproof nuts and bolts to hold the carbs to the spigots.
Hope this helps.
CJ

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
t120rbullet said:
I have 2 68 TR6 engines out in the garage.
The MK2 engine has 1/4 w nuts w lock washers to hold on the carb and the MK3 engine has 3/16w shakeproof nuts on it.
I also have a 68 MK3 T120 engine that has 3/16w shakeproof nuts and bolts to hold the carbs to the spigots.
Hope this helps.
CJ
yeah its a T120...i'll try the 3/16w. thanks man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts