Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a triumph hub laced to a 16" harley wheel. I got my new tire mounted the other day and took out the axle, homeboy at the tire place took off the brake backing plate. My problem is now that ive put the thing back together, the axle flops around on the left side of the hub where the brake and all that is. There is a spacer that fits the axle, but is too small for the bearing. Sorry if this is a crappy explanation, if you have an idea of what might be wrong ill try to be more specific. ANY help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
What year hub and brake do you have? Does it have a speedometer drive on the right side? Here's a diagram that might help you out. Sorry it's so hard to read. Get me your email and I'll send you the diagram so you can at least zoom in.

Kyle said:
I have a triumph hub laced to a 16" harley wheel. I got my new tire mounted the other day and took out the axle, homeboy at the tire place took off the brake backing plate. My problem is now that ive put the thing back together, the axle flops around on the left side of the hub where the brake and all that is. There is a spacer that fits the axle, but is too small for the bearing. Sorry if this is a crappy explanation, if you have an idea of what might be wrong ill try to be more specific. ANY help greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts