Jockey Journal Forum banner

Triumph Unit 650 Timing Case removal

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Swan 
#1 ·
Im doing my 1st break down and rebuild on my 68 T120R engine and am taking baby steps as i want to be sure im not busting anything along the way and do things right and not ruche in a potentially blow it, hence this post.

Ive read through the manual, and watched Wes's DVD but as my bike hasn't got stock electrics (Boyer Micro-Mk 3) or a Magneto neither apply. im removing the timing side cover and am down to this, and just sussing the next move. Ive got the allen bolt out, but is it just a matter of removing these 2 small screws and then should be back on my way follow the manual and DVD?

im sure this is a simple as shit thing, but like i said, just wanna be doing it right.

thanks, Jay

See less See more
#2 ·
there is a tool the pulls that out, basically it's a slide hammer with a threaded bolt that fits those threads, but in lieu of that you can take a screwdriver and rock it sideways doing one side and then the other until it comes out.

#4 ·
No, no no...don't take the screws out that hold the magnets...If you don't have the proper slide hammer, you could try gently prying it off the taper, or better yet, screw a bolt into the rotor four or five turns, grab it with a pair of vice grips and give them a sharp whack away from the timing case and it ought to pop right out without hurting anything....works every time, at least for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.