Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, picked up an old Triumph lower tree, The # say 63-66 ( folks have said the #'s are wrong for what it is <<I dunno ) anywho,, 33mm holes, tubes sit on a 6 1/2 center, 1" OD stem.

What year top tree/s can I use with this ?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
tree matching has always been a challenge, I have had to sit down with a bunch of tops and bottoms and keep mixing them around until you get a match, with the different rakes, different handle bar mounts, different tube centers and fork stops and then throw in the BSA look-a-like factor with their different tube diameters you always end up with a mess of mis-matched trees.
all I can say is good luck, the swap meet "wrong buy factor" is about 4 to 1.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Those look like '66-67 lowers ( 6 1/2") , or later if they measure 6 3/4". Stops work with the pin type frame stops. I think any top clamp after '59 should work, as long as the holes are spaced the same. My biggest problem is finding lowers that aren't bent.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look like '66-67 lowers ( 6 1/2") , or later if they measure 6 3/4". Stops work with the pin type frame stops. I think any top clamp after '59 should work, as long as the holes are spaced the same. My biggest problem is finding lowers that aren't bent.
6 1/2 centers

1" stem

33 MM

·
Registered
164 Posts
Like Tony said, be prepared to get the wrong top. I bought some seperates and some sets from here and from that auction place. took what should be 3 sets before I got what I needed.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I would have thought that any of them that are 6 1/2 on center that aren't raked (pre unit) would work with your lowers? Most of them tend to be 6 3/4 and I'm not sure which years they were 6 1/2, but the first two non raked 6 1/2 on center set that I put together worked just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.