119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a t-100 and I am running a Hunt mag. The bike just
does not want to start when cold. I have checked and rechecked
the timing. The mag is freshly rebuilt by Hunt. When the motor
is hot it starts fine, 1st or 2nd kick. But when it is cold It can
take forever to start. I don't get any fuel on the plugs after kicking
it for awhile. So I am thinking maybe a carb issue but I know
nothing about Amals. It has a monobloc without a choke.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Rob

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
are ya using the tickler ?? hold it down till it pukes gas under your finger ..

the little plunger-button above the float chamber - it pushes the float down & lets gas flood into the venturi .. (the crude effect of a few twists of the throttle when you have say an S&S or Bendix w/an accelrerator pump)

that's what I meant in the 'Amal setup' thread .. with no choke slide you may have to also hit the tickler a few times once it fires until it warms up & idles on its own ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
ok, hoping you have a switch/kill switch for the mag,

try tickling & kicking thru w/partial throttle opening and NO ignition for several strokes, should get some gas into the cyl .. 'priming' kicks ..

do 2,3 compression strokes' worth like that then put fire to it ..

also, pull your slide/cable out of the carb, pull the big return spring out of the way & you'll see the needle just hangs there by a circlip ..

(turn it upside down the needle falls out in your hand) Lower the clip one notch on the needle - this raises the needle out of the main jet & makes it richer across the whole throttle range ..

if that made it too rich you'll know from your plugs after normal running, but it may help your starting situation for now ..

Good luck ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts