Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used 650 triumph running this week in one of my bikes and want to seal up some leaks and run it without doing a major rebuild. But just wondered what you guys would recommend to use like a oil additive some kind that would break down during running the sludge in the sludge trap. In turn cleaning it out as you ride and then removing the crap out with the changing of the oil. If there is anything that would work good or you have had luck with,any one running a used triumph engine would really benefit from this as well as i would. THANKS JEFF

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There IS an additive that will clean the sludge trap--it's called splitting the cases, cursing and swearing while you try and get the plug off, marvelling at the grime and muck in there, and thanking yourself for keeping your motor from detonating at 70mph on a freeway.

No easy way out here.

blackchop66 said:
I just got a used 650 triumph running this week in one of my bikes and want to seal up some leaks and run it without doing a major rebuild. But just wondered what you guys would recommend to use like a oil additive some kind that would break down during running the sludge in the sludge trap. In turn cleaning it out as you ride and then removing the crap out with the changing of the oil. If there is anything that would work good or you have had luck with,any one running a used triumph engine would really benefit from this as well as i would. THANKS JEFF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts