Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I fired up the 1953 Triumph.

It runs AWSOME!!!

It fired on the second kick.... I figure it hasn't been run in four or five years.

I just pulled all the wiring out, so it is just running off the magneto, I have to kill it in first to shut it off.

It has this Dynamo regulator box on it..... is it worth messing with? should I rewire it using the dynamo, or find a midi max....I guess I'd like to use what I have.

Anyway I spent a couple hours cleaning on it and it looks pretty good.
It is a really neat old bike...

I guess my plan is to change the handle bars/ grips, get a different Oil tank, clean it up some more, and probably sell it. Its so neat the way it is, I don't want to cut it up.

If I sell it, I'll find a basket case and build the bike I really want... Although I kinda hate to sell this Triumph... It so damn cool.

·
Registered
421 Posts
That's a badass Trump, Bob. I agree, with the exception of a few minor tweaks it would very cool left 'as is'. Bars, oil tank, spray some matching paint on a smoother rear fender setup and she's good to go.

I'm surprised that you're not going to ride that bad mother. Makes me curious about what kind of bike you'll build when you sell it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know... I'm not ready to sell it yet.... I still want to wire it etc.....

I really am WAY more of a Hot Rodder than a biker, but I have these crazy plans to build a 60's style show bike that will match a roadster I am building...

I really want to use a pre unit triumph... I guess it is for sale, but I'd want to find another one first.... I have offered it to a few people though......... I don't know...

Anyway I'm just excited as hell that it runs... When I'm ready to sell it, I'll offer it in the Classifieds.

My point of posting isn't to sell it, its to find out what this Dynamo thing is and if I should bother with it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
bobbleed said:
it is just running off the magneto, I have to kill it in first to shut it off.
first thing you wanna do is wire a kill switch off of the mag

is there a cap on the end of it that looks like it has a 3rd plug wire hole?

if so unscrew it and run a plug wire to a push button or toggle killswitch

if the throttle sticks its BAD man (yep...recently)

if you want to keep what you have (generator) shouldnt be a problem to wire it to a tympanium or similar

plan on running a battery?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.