Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Yes, Dragon posted up an article in the Tech archives, its under Triumph and BSA Oil lines... I think Healey wrote it.

I searched around on ebay and craigslist for a while looking for the grooved spindles(72, 73?) with no luck so just ran the standard spindles but rearranged the washers like mentioned in the article.

So far, the rockers seem to be getting plenty of oil. I just put my finger over the return hole on startup and that gives'em a good supply right off the hop.

Are you saying you are getting no oil in the clear line, or oil is going through the line but not out the rocker shafts?

· Registered
257 Posts
Yeah thats interesting. Sounds like there might be a blockage in the rocker shafts. If you block the return hole in your tank, still no feed?

are you running 1/8" or 3/16" ID hose?

Can't hurt to just pull the rocker boxes off and use an oil can to squirt oil into the shaft ends to see if it'll work its way through the shafts and to the rockers. That way you can avoid replacing the o-rings if the oil passages are clear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.