1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
172 Posts
I quite like these, the 4 fins mirror the fins on the unit rocker boxes. and I think in most circumstances the cast finish suits the Triumph top ends better than CNC machined billet alloy.

There is a similar 3 fin one on eGay UK at the moment for about 20 quid, ending in 2 Days.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It must be done in more than one piece. Ill tell you if I buy one. At only £30, I don't know how they can make them so cheap. Its not much more than the stock item and it looks a whole lot better.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i've wondered the same thing good doctor, unless its rough cast and machine finished? its a nice looking piece though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought this at Netley Marsh for £6.

A bit of turning and milling plus a bit of polishing...........

And an hour and a half later, it looked like this.

·
Registered
561 Posts
my gob is truely smacked; that is a peach bit of work.

For the rest of us down the food chain, CNC work is not really for me, and i'll pick up rocker oil feeds as i do finned pipe clamps at meets as and when; it gives me something to look for.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I took a closer look at the page above, looks like its full of Typos... (Not only the unit 500/650, it also says the BSA A7/A10 and Goldstar versions all fit Triumph 650 pre unit ???) Unless it means they make versions for both ??.

+1 on La Dolce's question, what is that behind the exhaust oil feed ???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts