Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 500 unit twin (T100) how the fuck do you take off the kicker cover ?????
it will come off about 1/4" then hang on something. whats the trick ? i thought they just pulled off once the screws were removed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
lilbill said:
on a 500 unit twin (T100) how the fuck do you take off the kicker cover ?????
it will come off about 1/4" then hang on something. whats the trick ? i thought they just pulled off once the screws were removed.
THe shift plate is catching on the shift rocker (for lack of a better term). Mine does it every time.

I usually take the broadest screw driver I can find and VERY GENTELY pry it off. Very Gentely. Becareful not to mess up the cover.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one_bitter_dude said:
THe shift plate is catching on the shift rocker (for lack of a better term). Mine does it every time.

I usually take the broadest screw driver I can find and VERY GENTELY pry it off. Very Gentely. Becareful not to mess up the cover.
do the shifter and kicker shafts stay in the tranny or do they come off with the cover?

·
Registered
144 Posts
one_bitter_dude said:
Yeah they are catching on the shift plate.

I will see if I can't post a picture.
Ok the shift plate, has two sets of holes on it. The big end with the gudies is inside your transmission. The small end is what catches the shifter prawls.

This is the inside of the outer cover. If you look closely you can see the prawls that catch on the shift plate and translate the shift lever movements into gear changes. You can see that there is no why to remover the shift lever with out disasembling the out cover.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the cover off. the pawls were coming too far out of the shifter and sticking up through the holes on the cam plate. now i need to pull the inner cover and see why the cam plate is frozen in one position. whats the trick to removing the inner cover ? anybody got a manual they can copy the tranny section out of and e me ? or is there maybe a site out there that covers t100 trannys ?
the motor belongs to fhp and i'm trying to get it ready for him for the smokeout run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.