Jockey Journal Forum banner

Triumph project pics

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  F.U.Jay 
#1 ·
Well it ain't done, but it runs. I fired it for the first time just the other day. I still have a bunch of things I want to tidy up, then I want to put a few miles on it before tearing it down for paint.
I started with just a stock 67 T120 front frame section I bought on eBay. Then I started collecting shit from far and wide until I had enough stuff to bolt together a complete mototrcycle.
Sorry if the pics are small, I'm not that good with resizing...

Attachments

See less See more
#17 ·
Nice work man!

I often think it's tricky to get a good balance between stretch, rake and fork length...too much of one, not enough of another, and your bike sits wierd or looks goofy. I actually think you've done a great job here, it leans forward just enough to look fast and mean.

#23 ·
Thanks again guys.

Someone asked about the bars, they are a Norton bend that I narrowed a couple of inches or so.

The frame will be black with the tins black and a yet to be determined color. Actually, I think I know what color it will be, I just ain't telling.

I built the bike to fit me, not just my tastes, but also fit my body. I got some long ass legs and I didn't want forward controls. Thats why I went with the longer hardtail. Some like it some don't.

#24 ·
Nice work man!!,,,Never was much for a streched rear section,
But that has a good stance....An did you SPEED HOLE the brake arm??
With no front brakes that would keep me on my toes!

And for paint,, FUCK Paint...its over rated!! Just 1shot the whole thing...:D

squirelmurphy said:
photobucket link for larger pics:

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n272/squirelmurphy13/

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.