Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I might have stuffed up big time. I bought this chain and it was quite a few links to big so I cut it down to about 70 links and then I cut 1 more link off of it because it was too sloppy. Now it's at about 68 links and the thing is super tight and I might need to adjust the gearbox a fraction to get it on.

Was it good at 70 links and should I have just adjusted the gearbox? Is the chain still usable? Should the chain be less then a mm from touching the engine casing?

I'm not sure what the go is because I have a 52 6t engine casing with a big bearing cranking. But I have just used one of those spacers instead of a stator and using the original rigid casings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have my primary cover off right now. My 57 T110 has 70 teeth on the primary chain. I dont see why you couldn't just adjust the gearbox to slacken it up a bit keeping in mind you change your adjustment on your rear chain as well. As for your primary chain running less than 1mm to your casing that doesnt seem right. Where is it running that close?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts