Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have been racking my brains to find one, but looks like I'm going to have to build one. What I have a is a W940 1956 Triumph Thunderbird half width drum front wheel. I am mounting it in a 1956 non nacell front end. If you have one, know where I can get one, or can give me all the dimensions it would greatly be appriciated.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
If I'm thinking of the correct wheel, they use the same bearings for that year. Off the top of my head I believe a W1641 is the same width as the earlier axle and I believe it will fit no problem. They are more common and I see them for sale all of the time.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Overall length of the axle: 7.25"

Bearing surface length: .70"
Bearing surface diameter: .79"

Middle of axle length: 2.080"
Middle of axle diameter: .82"

O.D. of axle ends is: .685"

Just let me know if you need any other measurement, etc.

I have the bearing id. What I am needing is the over all length, size of the large diameter portion of the axle, and the length of the large diameter portion.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K think we are talking about two different axles. The deminsions I need are from this style:

I have the spacer illustration part #19 I just need the deminsions of the axle illustration part #18. I need length, small od, large od, the length of the large od, and the length of the small od.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Sorry man, I lost my train of thought and was concentrating on the later axle. I thought about pulling the P-U axle with the threaded end that you seek a few days ago too. No worries, I will have that for you tomorrow when I get back to the garage.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Overall length of the axle: 6.75"

Axle length from big end to end of threads is 5 6/8"
O.D. of axle end (big end from drive side) is: .908"
Big end length: 1.0"

Bearing surface length: 4 5/8"
Bearing surface diameter: .556"

The axle is 9/16" from the big end at the drive side to the end of the threads. Do you have the sleeve (W761) that enables the axle to be able to run inside of the W653 bearings?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
From the drive side of sleeve:

Large diameter end: 1.035"
Width of drive end: .20"

Sleeve O.D. : .785"
Sleeve I.D. : .565"
Length of sleeve after "lip" of retaining end or drive side end is: 4.10"

Hope that makes sense?

Threaded portion of axle: 1.20"

Check out this highly skilled drawing with dimensions :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.