Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing a search to get clarification on an issue I was having with my 58' pre unit triumph. Since I needed to pull off the belt drive(dry clutch) to replace the transmission seal, I wanted to replace the engine drive side as well and I found something I have never seen before. I cannot find any info whatsoever. Looked up all the available part numbers and there is no such part or number for what I found. I also found the the belt pulley on the crank was not fitting tight and was loose. I bought this off a guy who said he was a mechanic but... the belt drive was so tight, it caused a seal leak. Check out the pics. Have you seen this part before? Its splined/tapered and has an o ring. Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Finger Rim
Automotive tire Rim Gear Automotive wheel system Automotive design
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Motor vehicle
Hand Automotive tire Tire Finger Tread
Hand Automotive tire Finger Household hardware Rim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was I think a crank seal from later unit engine (but had a metal outer) View attachment 274496
View attachment 274495
There’s a thread here somewhere I machined pulley to go inside
Interesting. Ill have to do more digging and post a better pic. The spacer in question is clever in design. tapered for a seal, splined to fit on the shaft and flat on the outside to keep that area dry. I am still curious as to what is it off off. Assuming its from another British bike. BSA?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts