Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not bad lookin! But whats with those bars? It looks like they are welded right to the triple trees. The bends in them look like bicycle handle bars. Its a shame to have a cool bike with bars and f'd up triple trees like that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
El Padrote said:
Not bad lookin! But whats with those bars? It looks like they are welded right to the triple trees. The bends in them look like bicycle handle bars. Its a shame to have a cool bike with bars and f'd up triple trees like that.
God forbid that someone does something different from the norm to be original. I am digging the bars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You got me all wrong. Different is cool but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. He could have got the same look by cuttin up some real motorcycle ape hangers and making the bottoms solid and threading them to bolt to the triple trees. I'ts just me I guess. I hate doing things half ass. I am sure those welds will hold on those thin wall bicycle handle bars but I personally would never take that chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
El Padrote said:
You got me all wrong. Different is cool but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. He could have got the same look by cuttin up some real motorcycle ape hangers and making the bottoms solid and threading them to bolt to the triple trees. I'ts just me I guess. I hate doing things half ass. I am sure those welds will hold on those thin wall bicycle handle bars but I personally would never take that chance.
Maybe my old eyes are missing something or my monitor is to small. But I can't see what your describing.
Looks like what we did in "67".

·
Registered
45 Posts
PDX Lefty said:
Maybe my old eyes are missing something or my monitor is to small. But I can't see what your describing.
Looks like what we did in "67".
Cool! I am always open to learning something from experience. Did you guys actually take Schwin handle bars cut them and weld them directly to your triple trees back in "67" ? If so how did they hold up? Any problems with bending or cracking? Did you chrome the triple tree and bars at the same time or just paint them?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
El Padrote said:
Cool! I am always open to learning something from experience. Did you guys actually take Schwin handle bars cut them and weld them directly to your triple trees back in "67" ? If so how did they hold up? Any problems with bending or cracking? Did you chrome the triple tree and bars at the same time or just paint them?
Those are cut Schwinns. However they are not just welded to the triple trees. They are installed correctly and safely. You should ask questions b4 you talk shit.

FONZI

·
Registered
45 Posts
FONZI said:
Those are cut Schwinns. However they are not just welded to the triple trees. They are installed correctly and safely. You should ask questions b4 you talk shit.

FONZI
Fonzi I think you need to go take a second look at Nates bike. Did he just recently cut the bars off and re do them since I saw it? I don't talk shit I just call it like I see it and when I saw it they were mounted in a way I would consider half ass and dangerous. After your done checking please let me know what you found.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
El Padrote said:
Fonzi I think you need to go take a second look at Nates bike. Did he just recently cut the bars off and re do them since I saw it? I don't talk shit I just call it like I see it and when I saw it they were mounted in a way I would consider half ass and dangerous. After your done checking please let me know what you found.
There are slugs welded in teh bars and bolts that go through the trees into these welded in slugs. Very solid.

FONZI

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
all that fuss & nobody noticed the cut primary, like we were talkin about in Billdozer's thread the other day ..

I'm diggin the whole scoot, bars too ..

They reminded me of an old set I have here, from "back in the day" ..

guess that would be pre-"school" .. thread into bottoms like that, about twice that height, & they're solid stock & heavy as hell, came with a mini tweak-bar too for the upright section ..

spaced for either HD or Brit, need to mock them onto some trees & put up a pic ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
648 Posts
Dragon said:
all that fuss & nobody noticed the cut primary, like we were talkin about in Billdozer's thread the other day ..
I noticed it Dragon, and I think it looks pretty sweet. I love the bars now that I know about the slugs, etc. I always liked the looks, but it did seem a little sketchy without knowing what's happening inside.

-Bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts