Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the rocker studs on a 68 650 motor. The little ones with the nuts. Mine is missing one on each rocker box so I need to get a couple along with the nuts.... Thanks (I looked around but found a bunch of different part numbers not sure whats good for my boxes)

Next when you guys run dual carbs, do you prefer a dual throttle with two separate cables or a single throttle with a union joining near the carbs? Which do you find easier to adjust and deal with? As per your choice of throttle housing can you point me in a direction of a quality unit, whether it be dual or single and not cost an arm and a leg. Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure if the '68's were the same, but as far as I can tell, the P/N's for the ones on the '66 650's are:

Stud - E2980
Washer - E3302
Nut - F879

Maybe someone else can confirm/corrrect. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
same numbers from my 69 parts book - im pretty sure they should be the same thru the early 70s - maybe OIF they changed - my 78 parts book is in the wind right now

Not sure if the '68's were the same, but as far as I can tell, the P/N's for the ones on the '66 650's are:

Stud - E2980
Washer - E3302
Nut - F879

Maybe someone else can confirm/corrrect. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yep Part number is 70-2980 STUD,1/4"BSWXCEI* for all DU engine numbers.

Try swapping one of the ones you have into the hole, a lot of them are stripped out, that's often why they are missing.

I prefer Dual cables over a single to dual, I just think there is less to go wrong.
The cheap Indian amal copies you see on Ebay seem to work ok if they are kept lubed, but the plating tends to fall off the first time they get wet.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
794 Posts
Dunno if this applies, but my '68 has whitworth hardware and the word on the street is they stopped using Whitworth in the midst of the '68s.....so the '68.5 + hardware may not work.....

i am running dual carbs with 2 throttle cables...no issues...easy to adjust....i would assume if you were running 2 into 1 cable the adjusters would be buried under tank....though it'd probably look cleaner, might be more difficult to get to. i would imagine they'd both serve the purpose just fine..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts