Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ed said:
Saw this on eBay about many moons ago and now it's back. What's the deal with "This bike should only be ridden with a blend or exclusive mixture of high octane racing gas (around 100) for the best results and longevity. " Is the typical?
the deal is along with the pics that statement makes a gr8 selling point

(like you have a race bike or something)

much argument has taken place over octane/unleaded/blahdeedlblah

but pump fuel is fine

and that bike was built by a dude out of Cali....not Hatch

tho he damn sure could

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
caffeine said:
didnt hatch build this?
Nope...not me. The bike was built by "triumph choppers LA"...his ebay screen name. He has built(and ebayed) six or seven similar bikes in the last couple years...and they all bring pretty good money....nice style, but I noticed on some, he doesn't split the cases and check the sludge trap...big money bikes that just may lock up in a short time.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've seen a handful of this guy's bikes on ebay. They're all done in the same basic TT style, and while I think they look killer, I share Hatch's concerns. The guy seems pretty honest about what has been done though, so if people want to buy them for the look and accept the consequences, then more power to 'em.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry Dutch, Name doesn't sound familiar. Shops, historically, come and go out here frequently.
Flyin' Dutchman said:
TP... Do you also know a guy named Bruce, who runs a place called Hollywood Bobbers..?

·
Registered
98 Posts
spent said:
I've seen a handful of this guy's bikes on ebay. They're all done in the same basic TT style, and while I think they look killer, I share Hatch's concerns. The guy seems pretty honest about what has been done though, so if people want to buy them for the look and accept the consequences, then more power to 'em.
Sometimes the same bike ends up on Ebay several times. I think that might happen when you have no reserve and your buddies keep boosting the price up. Sometimes you get stuck. Just my speculation and I may be wrong.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The only reason I can think of for needing race gas is if he has a high compresion head on it.

But that bike is Hump-O-licious!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts