Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got the stock spacers for the front and lower engine mount bolts handy for an OIF Triumph they could measure for me? The bike I just did a topend on had various nuts/washers in their place and wasn't quite right and I like to put things together right. I have a handful of spare ones from different years but I wanna see if any I already have are correct before turning some new ones on the lathe.

I already searched all over around here and online and have the part numbers for new, but that doesn't help me match any up that I have since none have a part number on them and nothing I could find listed the actual width of the damn things :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
the soonest i can find out is tomorrow night. if no one else can help out, i'll see what i can do.
good luck

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bungle, I appreciate the offer.

Anybody else got any handy to measure? Really would like to finish this thing up today and send it out the door. Even if someone were willing to just pull the front mounting bolt and measure those two spacers, I could measure for the lower ones knowing that spec. Turns out all the spacers I have lying around are pre-unit or non-OIF so I am going to have to make some anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The front left hand is
83-2848 SPACER,ENG.MT,FRONT LH (7/16X7/8X1/4")

I have a RH hand one here, I don't know if its front or rear but its
(7/16X7/8X1 1/2") I'm pretty sure Its the rear as that was the longer one

its either
83-2847 SPACER,ENG.MT,REAR RH or
83-2849 SPACER,ENG.MT,FRONT RH

bit of basic maths should be able to work out the rest.

Once you have it sussed out, please let me know so I can put correct part numbers on the ones I have.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Drew71...that's exactly what I needed. The longer one is indeed the rear and once I have things measured up, I'll let you know which side that belongs on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a set of these on my workbench, the lengths are:

Primary Front 0.248"
Timing Front 0.427"
Primary Rear 1.168"
Timing Rear 1.485"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts