Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently decided to buy a springer from freds frames - he tells me he can make it completely custom to fit my application. Question is... Should I switch my neck on my triumph to 1'' and have the springer made accordingly to fit any modern HD ? or just get something made to fit to the frame (i think stock frame is 7/8''?)

Who sells neck conversion kits anyhow?

thanks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I would go with a 1" H-D style stem, and then change out the bearings in the Triumph neck to suit.

Call Wes at Four Aces Cycle, or Tom at R&R Cycle.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am putting a big twin springer on my sporty, I just have a 7/8 neck pin that will swap with the 1 " neck pin on the springer.

You should be able to use a HD 45 springer, they are 7/8 neck.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
on 45 hd Top brg is 7/8 inside dia bottom brg is like 15/16 or something like that just a little bit bigger on bottom than top.V twin and CC sell brgs for them.

On a trump to use Harley brgs you have to make a couple of adapter rings or spacers to make the cups fit snug in the neck.Not a big problem for a half way decent machinst.Might PM GumbyChuck on the board and he could probably fix ya up with everything ya need.

I would go with settin it up 1 inch that way it opens up the possiblities for all kinds of forks down the road if ya feel like changin.
Shoe
Bigcheese5300 said:
Don't know if it matters now, but I'm pretty sure Harley 45s used a 7/8ths neck as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
on 45 hd Top brg is 7/8 inside dia bottom brg is like 15/16 or something like that just a little bit bigger on bottom than top.V twin and CC sell brgs for them.

On a trump to use Harley brgs you have to make a couple of adapter rings or spacers to make the cups fit snug in the neck.Not a big problem for a half way decent machinst.Might PM GumbyChuck on the board and he could probably fix ya up with everything ya need.

I would go with settin it up 1 inch that way it opens up the possiblities for all kinds of forks down the road if ya feel like changin.
Shoe
Sent Gumbychuck a PM - thanks for the info TT.

1'' is obviously the best choice.... thanks for all the input guys.... ill post some pictures once I get it mounted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts