Jockey Journal Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Great job Ken, every change you made so far has been for the good, not a fan of pullback risers but they just look right on that bike.

Sorta similar stance to mine, have you calculated the trail yet?
Here's mine when I first got it (sorta) done, the trail was high and handling sucked.

I added a Sugar Bear springer and it really brought the bike to life, now I have to raise the pegs because it handles so well, I scrape them all the time.

Gearhead, were not all the previous unit engines only secured by one rockerbox headsteadies?

Discussion starter · #43 · (Edited)
Thanks Marc, I usually hate pullbacks myself .

Englishmen, I have not . I am gonna take it for a ride its not terribly floppy thats a good sign its close. Your bike really looks good with that sugar bear it put the wheel it the right spot, I read your article about it I would like this bike to be a rider , maybe thats the next step to measure and see where its at.

I was never a fan of goose-necks until I saw Bozi's stuff. Definitely an eye-opening, mind-changing experience.

Loffer, yours ranks right up there as well, at least to my eye. Damn fine looking scoot.

Englishman, that's the best endorsement for a Sugar Bear front end that I've seen yet. I'd have a hard time believing that simply changing from one springer to another would make such a radical difference to a bike if I wasn't looking at it right here with my own 2 eyes. Fantastic.

Discussion starter · #50 · (Edited)
Got this prism tank but it didnt fit so i modified it . Went to a 19" front wheel with coker 4.00 matching the rear tire. Not mounted yet. both wheels are getting gloss black PC so no point in adding the tire yet. Handlebars/risers are gonna have to be changed and im gonna drop the headlight another couple inches to lower everything but i think I like the Prism ... I gotta remember to turn on the other light so the pictures arent so crappy.
I welded the tank with a mig welder , pressure tested and no leaks, haha ... In fact the whole things done with a mig welder . Lets hear some feedback on that tank...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.