Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently come across a guy with about 10 frames set up for Triumph motors but also fit with HD front ends... He says these are from the 70's and doesn't have much more info than that. I've got the same on my 70's molded Chop Survivor but was curious if anyone has any more information regarding what companies made frames like this (if any) and if they were mass produced or purely a custom situation. Cheers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey CarlinoJoe - definitely not a bearing or race conversion, the frames literally have HD necks that have been raked - these bikes are all 10" over or more...definitely long bikes. Crazy California chopper history...probably custom if no one is sure about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loffer - that seems to be what the consensus is from a few other people I've spoken with today. Basically I'm trying to see if there were any frame manufacturers known for doing anything like that, but I'm getting the idea that it was probably a builder that just modified a slew of frames and put them out in the market. The frames themselves are definitely not stock Triumph hardtails though and they are all identical...that what makes me think possibly a produced frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts