Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'v been offered the frame on the pic. It's supposed to be a Speed Twin frame - 1953. Can any of you confirm this? Also will a unitengine fit this frame?

Thanks,

·
Registered
439 Posts
I dont think your going to get a unit in that frame that's pre unit, trans behind the seat post doesnt look like enough room in front of it for both but i could be wrong

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
Making a unit fit will require major surgery. And that frame is already much modified apparently to run some dumbass fat rear tire!
Robbie

·
Registered
439 Posts
Making a unit fit will require major surgery. And that frame is already much modified apparently to run some dumbass fat rear tire!
Robbie
That makes sense i couldn't figure out what on earth they did to that thing, that has to be one ugly combination a wide tire kit on a 53 LMAO

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
...no earlier. because I have a 48 and do not look like that; mine original and stylized. Lot of modified tabs and things on the main loop too.
The SU was in the 650s only 1 year

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ya know, looking at that frame it looks like they just made six spacers, 1 for each of the mounting positions on the tail, then made some cheezy crossmembers to make it wider. Cut the widened lugs back to stock on a mill and cut out and replace the crossmembers and it would be usable again... Still not going to fit a unit engine though.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a stock late '48 rigid frame, if you need any measurements hit me up! Your frame looks like it's in great shape, the wide tire mods would be a semi-easy fix..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts