Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey Tommy,
The T100 is the Tiger 500cc Twin, the Road Sports model.
Frame number 38861 dates it to 1953.
The bike should be a rigid frame with telescopic fork, and 500cc pre unit twin engine with the all alloy close-pitch fin barrel and head. Any photos??
hope this helps,
cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
unless he omitted the "H" and that would make it a 1965 T100,
the only way to be sure is a photo of the bike or is it a pre unit or unit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, here are the pics of the bike. I've been tearing it down so I put the jug & head back on (sort of).

I'm baffled, because it's appears to be a unit frame, unless some mods were made...engine checks out as a 1965 Bonneville.

I get the feeling this thing is going to be a bitch to register...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Literally, I have every part needed to get this thing going, with the exception of the seat and an oil tank. Must have 3-4 Amal carbs, Ceriani forks, the whole nine. But before I drop any serious dough I have to figure out what the true year/model it is and get it registered. The guy I bought it from just thought it was a '65 because the frame #'s were painted over, he went by the engine apparently. Unfortunately, he lost his paperwork...what a goober. I had the frame bead blasted, I hope the dude didn't wipe out any important numbers/letters to identify the bike.. i.e. the "H".

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's definitely a Unit frame with the parallel bar removed

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You say the guy lost his paperwork. Can he apply for a lost title?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
without a title and no frame numbers you are going to need to "Blue Tag" it with an assigned VIN number, just be careful and don't let DMV or CHP make it into a 2012 SPCN
instead of a Triumph. It can be done as a Triumph if you start out with the right inspection,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
without a title and no frame numbers you are going to need to "Blue Tag" it with an assigned VIN number, just be careful and don't let DMV or CHP make it into a 2012 SPCN
instead of a Triumph. It can be done as a Triumph if you start out with the right inspection,
Yea, I want to avoid the blue tag...what inspection process would you suggest?

There are frame numbers on it, but as you can tell there are inconsistencies with them matching the proper frame, as well as the engine...I'm getting sketched out...

·
Registered
87 Posts
how about some pics of the # 's on the left side down tube. i am sure you will get more help or anxiety!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Re stamp ? possibly to match an engine number somewhere along the line ?, some deep grooves towards the top and it looks like the whole area has been sanded back, those numbers have no business being on that casting.
Great buy, you robbed him, I dont know how you sleep at night lol, but I'm guessing pretty well because you have a great project that cost you next to nothing sitting in the shed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re stamp ? possibly to match an engine number somewhere along the line ?, some deep grooves towards the top and it looks like the whole area has been sanded back, those numbers have no business being on that casting.
Great buy, you robbed him, I dont know how you sleep at night lol, but I'm guessing pretty well because you have a great project that cost you next to nothing sitting in the shed
Ha, yea, pretty sound in fact, I got a bunch of nice parts.

But unfortunately, I don't know if this one will ever come to fruition given your comments and comments from my friends...ARGH!!! I had a bad feeling about it from the start.

I suppose I ought to just bite the bullet and take it to Mr. CHP for an inspection...if it's not legit, I don't want it anyway.

Take her away Bob!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like you guys have it tough, in Australia we can get away with quite a bit on pre compliance stuff...the roads and traffic authority only care about late model stolen stuff.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Uses the left over money as a pillow!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like you guys have it tough, in Australia we can get away with quite a bit on pre compliance stuff...the roads and traffic authority only care about late model stolen stuff.
Yep, the People's Republik of Kalifornia. I'm probably better off looking for a new frame loop (with papers!!!). Good times!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts