Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
JiveBomber said:
This one will be easy for you- Whats the difference a T 110 and a TR6?
if youre talking the first lot of TR6 triumphs it was the frame (Rolling chassis),Triumph shoved the T110 engine into a TR5 frame and called it a TR6,Barrels were painted silver to make them look alloy.
Cheers
Or was this a trick question:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RidingHood said:
if youre talking the first lot of TR6 triumphs it was the frame (Rolling chassis),Triumph shoved the T110 engine into a TR5 frame and called it a TR6,Barrels were painted silver to make them look alloy.
Cheers
Or was this a trick question:)
So same horsepower? etc.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
JiveBomber said:
So same horsepower? etc.
Well this where it gets a little confusing as some of the info i have says they had different cams ,the trophy being fitted with a sports cam but the spec still gives the same bhp at the same rpm .
Sorry cant help more,but they are a sweet looking motorcycle.
cheers

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
In the Pre unit days the TR6 was made for the west coast type of riding . Acording to my restoration guide the TR6 had lower gearing so that would give it less top end HP at the rear wheel but the crank HP would be the same . Also depending on year and were the motor was put together it had different cam set ups . I'm just going by what I found in books . I wasn't even a dream in my dady's pants in those days . Later on the only differance was sheet metal .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trumpnut said:
In the Pre unit days the TR6 was made for the west coast type of riding . Acording to my restoration guide the TR6 had lower gearing so that would give it less top end HP at the rear wheel but the crank HP would be the same . Also depending on year and were the motor was put together it had different cam set ups . I'm just going by what I found in books . I wasn't even a dream in my dady's pants in those days . Later on the only differance was sheet metal .
Thanks Trump nut-- The info helps.

jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts