Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 56 triumph t110 project but after looking over the crank for a while I haven't been able to find a sludge trap on it. I know what it should look like after seeing pictures on here. Is this not a triumph crank, did a 56 crank even have a sludge trip or is it a crank for an oil filter conversion?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Pretty sure all the one piece cranks had a sludge trap, the earlier two piece crank still has an oil tube but no threaded bung for access

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also with the crank it doesn't fit right in the case bearings I assume it should just slide in opposed to having to be forced in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot that info definitely helps out looks like my crank but im still worried about the crank not sliding into the bearings. Maby those are the wrong size?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
There is definately a sludge trap in there, you just have to split the crank to get to it. It is in the timing side of the crank (far right bit), it is better to remove it to clean the trap and tube.
Cheers, Dan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey thanks supercrouton upon further inspection I have found it. It was ground down and had some surface rust over it but that appears to be the exact style of crank as mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts