Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, i have not been here in a long time as work etc took me away from the world of motorcycles for a few years. Anyway i am helping a guy with not much mechanical knowledge do a bit of work on his Triumph project. It started with me doing a bit of aluminium welding for him on various cracked parts, and he has me pestered for other help.

I have not seen the machine, but think its a pre war triumph rigid 3h/hw 350cc single frame, into which he is putting a later twin engine. He wants me to make engine mounting plates, but as yet he has not bought a primary chaincase. To know where the engine has to sit i need to know how far away it is from the gearbox, which is fixed (I know its moveable for chain adjustment, but i can take that into account).

Would anyone know the distance between the Centre of the crankshaft and centre of the gearbox mainshaft on a rigid framed Triumph, 5t, 6t, t100 etc ? Or if anyone has a rigid inner chaincase they could measure the holes centres, it would be a massive help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
c/c 290mm and mine is on minimum adjustment with belt drive.
why not just sling on 70 link chain or belt , whatever you're using for primary drive and work out from there what you need.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
c/c 290mm and mine is on minimum adjustment with belt drive.
why not just sling on 70 link chain or belt , whatever you're using for primary drive and work out from there what you need.
He only has the castings, other stuff is being bought as he can get it. The gearbox is fixed in the frame, i know there is a bit of adjustment fore and aft, but thats where i need to measure from, to the centre of the crankcase, to know where to position the engine to make the plates.

Many thanks Thunderbird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts