Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the haynes manual it doesnt specify what way to put the rod ends on, like if the little tabs on the bearings go on the same side or on opposite sides.

another manual i have, specifies that they go on the same side...but what is the side? do they mean both sides on the same "nut" or both sides as in 1 tab by each rod nut/bolt

i thought it was 1 on each nut and bolt but it seems that 1 of my rods, just wont install that way, it binds up too tight and doesnt spin as freely but if i flip it around everything is fine.

does it make that much of a differene with oiling? the oiling is coming from the crank in the center so I dont see how either way would affect it or am i being tooo anal?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
What the manual means is that the bearing tabs are both on the same side of the rod ie one conrod bolt has both tabs next to it,but one tab is left of the bolt and one tab is right of the bolt when assembled. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RidingHood said:
What the manual means is that the bearing tabs are both on the same side of the rod ie one conrod bolt has both tabs next to it,but one tab is left of the bolt and one tab is right of the bolt when assembled. Hope that makes sense.
great thanks! Wes straightened me out earlier to
o
just curious, for the sake of knowing, whats the reason for this? i thought, if it was the other way, it would make for even oil dispersmnent from the bearing surface to the crankcase.

-Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.