Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '69 motor which has the vent through the inlet cam with a little valve and all that. First I had it just set up with a tube to the ground, into the open air. The thing spits oil like crazy!
So now I just routed it back to my oiltank (on the overflow tube it had), and it actually doesn't leak anywhere or anything, and my oil rotation doesn't get fucked up... I DO know that the line from the vent to the oiltank is standing full of oil though... But there are no strange sightings... I don't know if I did the right thing, but it seems to work...

How do all you other Trump guys do this..? Let see some setups.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Flyin' Dutchman said:
I have a '69 motor which has the vent through the inlet cam with a little valve and all that. First I had it just set up with a tube to the ground, into the open air. The thing spits oil like crazy!
So now I just routed it back to my oiltank (on the overflow tube it had), and it actually doesn't leak anywhere or anything, and my oil rotation doesn't get fucked up... I DO know that the line from the vent to the oiltank is standing full of oil though... But there are no strange sightings... I don't know if I did the right thing, but it seems to work...

Tilly... I ran mine straight to the ground too, but only because I haven't taken the time to come up with a better solution. I've seen a couple things. One was a super small tank with a breather filter on top and a spigot on the bottom to periodically drain the oil out. The other was super ghetto but creative... a pill bottle with a hose barb glued into it and a filter on top. He popped off the lid to drain it. HAA! I saw a variation of the first (on ebay) using a small pipe (1/2" I.D. or so) standing on end with a spigot threaded in the bottom end, a T-hose barb threaded into the top for oil to come in and the other tube went straight up, venting to the oil tank or a filter of some kind. One big problem with all this... where do you put it?? Especially on your bike. It would probably stick out like a sore thumb!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Flyin' Dutchman said:
PCV valve for a 73? chevy truck

any that seeps past is directed to the chain

i actually felt a boost in power....minute but there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts