Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode up to the "Triumph Come Home Rally" at the White Rose MC Club today. Not a lot of folks there yet, but still same some interesting bikes. Five rain storms came through during the day, but we always managed to be somewhere dry. Picked up a pair of 6-buckle "Galibear" riding boots in good condition that fit for $20, wife thinks I'm strange.
Saw this super-nice '71 Tiger for sale, $5k. Didn't get to see it running, some other folks in attendance said it smokes a bit. I have the dude's number in Cape May NJ. That one has me thinking.
Here's a few other pix as well, the ape-hangar bike is supposed to be going for a Horse photo shoot next week and had a lot of interesting details.
The rat bike (52-ish) was just cool and seemed to run great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shooty said:
sorry....but that bike w/apes is corny
Rat Bike was definitely the winner.
Apes bike owner claims he'll it will be in a future Horse, guess we wait.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i knew i recognized that pre-unit....that bike is owned by a father time looking guy that is in "Glory" ads in DicE.

yeah i got too much time on my hands.....

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
I never use the term "gay" when talking about bikes.....but I have to this time....the apehanger/fuzzy seat triumph is GAY....and I mean "Village People" GAY......Barry Manilow "GAY".....etc,etc,etc. If you show up in my driveway riding it....I will shoot you, and bury the evidence.

·
Registered
990 Posts
hatch said:
I never use the term "gay" when talking about bikes.....but I have to this time....the apehanger/fuzzy seat triumph is GAY....and I mean "Village People" GAY......Barry Manilow "GAY".....etc,etc,etc. If you show up in my driveway riding it....I will shoot you, and bury the evidence.
Now that's funny as hell.

·
Registered
726 Posts
hatch said:
Yea right.....you're just trying to talk down the value so you can buy it up cheap. I know your game.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shooty said:
i knew i recognized that pre-unit....that bike is owned by a father time looking guy that is in "Glory" ads in DicE.

yeah i got too much time on my hands.....
That's a great description of the guy, an interesting character!

·
Registered
936 Posts
This is the first year I missed it. Always enjoy this little shindig. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ol_scratch said:
This is the first year I missed it. Always enjoy this little shindig. Thanks for the pics.
This was the first year I've been able to attend. Friday wasn't the best day. A few of my Baltimore buddies went yesterday and there were a lot more bikes/swap meet vendors. But at least I made it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts