Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reson my 67 500 clutch lever will not come to the bar when you pull in the lever?Been like this for the past 3years,the clutch works fine it is just a bit of a pain that it will not pull all the way in.Any ideas anyone?Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
You may have the cable adjusted too tightly, try backing off on the adjuster a bit and putting a bit more free play in the cable.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have some slack on the cable at the adjuster at the clutch lever and if i put a ton of slack on the cable it will come to the bar but you end up having so much slack you can just pull the cable right off at the lever?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
many times the problem is down where the cable goes into the kicker cover on the mid 60's bikes.
Often times the "ball holder" as it gets pulled up it tops out on the cable holder and it won't let the lever pull the cable any more, so if you lower the adjustment of the "ball holder" further down on the threaded lift rod it's attached to it allows for further lift. But first you need to slacken off the rod adjuster over on the clutch basket and the lever adjuster on the handle bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts