Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Having trouble finding any info on this stuff.

Is the clutch system (complete system) from a Unit triumph in any way compatible with a Pre Unit triumph transmission ?

I know the Pre U uses a single chain between engine and trans, where the Unit uses 2 or 3, but is the rest useable as a straight swap ? or maybe by switching a couple of components ?

I'm finding it hell on earth to locate a complete Pre unit clutch system, I got a trans without, and I've got the opportunity to get a Unit clutch system. Hence my wondering.

thanks for any input

J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I found loads of suppliers of new parts. Are you just advising that regardless the second hand/old stuff I might find will need renewing anyway so I might as well just buy every single part new from a dealer ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

Thanks for this precious info.

I might add that this transmission is supposed to be going on a non triumph motorbike, in fact a pre war 350cc single French bike. So i guess clearance and such is not so much a problem seeing as it has a Magneto and no generator whatsoever.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

the clutch I've confirmed I'd take after reading your comments is a Duplex chain clutch from a T120 unit. It was removed from a daily driver in order to fit a belt drive, so was fully functional.

If anything it will allow me to be able to mockup the transmission support plates I need to custom make for the bike, as well as figure out the line up and get the sprockets made to fit.

I might start a topic once the job gets interesting ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.