Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy in my neighborhood comes to my house and asks if I'm interested in a 52 triumph that was built into a chopper 20 years ago, it has a bonneville motor that sounds like it had extensive work done. He says everything on the motor is finned and polished. 6 inch over hardtail, 16 rear wheel, 21 front, apehangers etc. I have yet to see the bike and he says he lost the title, this guy is a little shady. I'm not really in the position to spend money on a new bike, since my bsa is not finished. The price seems pretty good (1000). he only wants to sell it to me because hes seen my cars and bike and knows I'll do it right. Even though i would probably have to go through the whole bike, would it be worth buying? Would i be able to title it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Straight up ask him to give you the numbers so you can have them run through NCIC & the DMV to see if they are hot & to see if the numbers are currently registered...

If he'll do that, then more than likely, they are good, but run them anyway...

If they come back clean, buy it

·
Registered
884 Posts
run them numbers for sure. it's not worth the hassle to deal with a hot bike. you never know they may be clean and you will get a killer deal. and if they come up clean and you don't have the jing let me know and i'll take it of your hands.lol. i seen your bike at the crasharama very cool.hey i'm in sac let me know if you need any help or want to do some ridin'

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realize there was no bonneville in 52, its a newer motor. I talked to him tonight and he is going to dmv tomorrow to try and get a title. If that happens I'll check it out and if its everything that hes said I'll probably pick it up. I'll post pics next weekend if I buy it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hell, the drivetrain's almost worth the asking price in parts if it's not blown up or incomplete in some way. Especially the way ebay prices are going up.

Sounds like a good buy. And if the guy's willing to GO to the DMV and try to get a title it probably means that if it ever was hot, it hasn't been in a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts