Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,im trying to get my trump back out on the road but i have some carb issues.The motor is a -70 650 with a brand new 750 morgo kit,e3134 cams and cyl.head been rebuilt and ported.It has a sidedraft intake and i've been running a 34mm Lectron which is cool as hell but dont really work as good as i want so now im wondering if any of you might have any suggestions based on the engine specs above?.I have a brand new wassell 32mm which i havent tried on yet..need to refabricate the intake first

it looks cool with the lectron carb and thickstun aircleaner though

·
Registered
706 Posts
Boring as this may sound, why not just run the stock carbs and jet them like the manual says? Use the jetting specs for the 750 and it should run just fine. That's what I did with my hot-rod 650 with a 750 kit. She starts instantly, idles perfectly and hauls ass!

Nice scoot!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have ran the std Amals on a side draft set up with no ill effect. You probably lose a bit of top end power due to the longer intake, but you may very well gain on the low and mid range. Unless you are drag racing, you probably won't notice.
Slick looking bike!

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you're running a single carb with a manifold that faces the carb to one side,one cylinder will run rich while the other runs lean.Fuel won't turn corners as easily as air does.
Put the carb back in a symmetrical position or run twin carbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.