Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started building this back in '06 after it sat in another shop for a over year and nothing got done. Basically the customer bought a brand new 2004 Triumph Bonneville and wanted to build a chopper out of it. So he brought me a 6up and 4 out Paughco sporty frame, 18 over springer front end and the bonne with the motor half way out. The pics below are at the start of my journey. I had just got it into some what of a roller and the motor mounted in the frame. At the time I was thinking that would be the hard part and actually thats where the fun began.

·
Registered
177 Posts
jtp im glad to see you post, i cant wait to see what this is all about. i am definitely a fan of your talent, as are many others on this site.

·
Registered
388 Posts
One of the best lines Ive seen on new bonny chopper. specialty spares has a good start for exhaust start small and go bigger I had them send me some unfinished so I could fit to my 05,I think less than 200 good bend for your lines but Im more traditional. was curious as to what youll do with oil cooler lines, a couple folks make a smaller version,Bill Gatley Bonneville Performance in Florida Hes the Guy to go to if you need performance parts. They have one on the flattrack circut. I like, fits in frame nice.What springer is that?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
...not a big "stretch" guy...but some things on this I do like.... What is the requirement for the "water cool" system on these motors? A thin single tube "radiator" on each down tube would be different as apposed to one large one sitting in the middle..just an idea

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the best lines Ive seen on new bonny chopper. specialty spares has a good start for exhaust start small and go bigger I had them send me some unfinished so I could fit to my 05,I think less than 200 good bend for your lines but Im more traditional. was curious as to what youll do with oil cooler lines, a couple folks make a smaller version,Bill Gatley Bonneville Performance in Florida Hes the Guy to go to if you need performance parts. They have one on the flattrack circut. I like, fits in frame nice.What springer is that?
Thanks Skinner 18 over Paughco springer

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
that's going to be a neat bike, keep the updates coming, I'll be watching.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
...very good lines and stance.
I see that most that chops new bonnies, don not have those things clearly.

-would these new bonneville engines fit into older Bonnie frames?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
FUN! A late model triumph chop, if it turns out anything close to your paintwork, it will be nothing short of amazing.
Cheers, Dan.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Your Uncle had some cool riding shoes...I mean boots...
seriously....that is cool as shit having family photos like that...you are a lucky man.

Looking at seeing this build progress...I have a feeling it will be nothing short of incredible!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts