Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan rebuilding and souping up my Triumph TR6SC. Nothing stupid or radical, just a slightly bigger carb, some match porting, and balancing the pistons, conrods, crank. I have thought about a Morgo 850 kit and Morgo Oil pump, but I am not sure. I know my shit about souping up 2-strokes, but 4-strokes are uncharted territory. I have the a PDF of the Triumph service manual and I plan on buying the Haynes manual and "4-Stroke Performance and Tuning" by A. Graham Bell cuz his 2-stroke book is like a fucken bible. Any Triumph-specific high performance books? There's like a zillion Harley books out there.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi,I like the book TRIUMPH SPEED TUNING By Stan Shenton.Found my copy on evil bay for around $10.Check with a book store.The copy I own is a 1982 copyright ISBN # 0-933078-09-9 published by M.Arman publishing PO Box 785 Ormond Beach,FL 32074.This book has many hop up ideas.Pretty cool book.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The Stan Shenton book for sure.

The Phil Irving book-Tuning for speed ,a must for any owner of a classic bike with a need for speed.

Even though its a Harley book you will find no better book when it comes to fourstroke motorcycle engines-The Big Twin Performance Guide by D William Denish .I think its technically excellent and will give you very good understanding of the effects of big bore and many other perfomance mods in great detail.

Engine Blueprinting by Rick Voegelin another must have.
cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.