Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a 71 OIR bobber project and see 750 cc pistons adverized for 650's. Is this a reasonable/practical overbore? I'm new to Triumphs so will have a lot of equallly dumb ass questions before I'm through. While I'm here what about carbs and cams??
Thanks
Mac

·
Registered
798 Posts
flatheadmalc said:
I'm starting a 71 OIR bobber project and see 750 cc pistons adverized for 650's. Is this a reasonable/practical overbore? I'm new to Triumphs so will have a lot of equallly dumb ass questions before I'm through. While I'm here what about carbs and cams??
Thanks
Mac
750 pistons are the norm when you do an upgrade. You can't just them in the bike and go though...need to have the cylinders bored and diff head gaskets. You may or may not know this.

I could care less...but there are guys on this board who live to give new posters shit about not doing an intro..fyi.

Good luck with the project....check out fouraces or rabers for a big bore kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shooty said:
750 pistons are the norm when you do an upgrade. You can't just them in the bike and go though...need to have the cylinders bored and diff head gaskets. You may or may not know this.

I could care less...but there are guys on this board who live to give new posters shit about not doing an intro..fyi.

Good luck with the project....check out fouraces or rabers for a big bore kit.
thanks man, as to the intro didn't see a place for it like at the HAMB but:

I'm 57 years old , semi retired, been into hot rods and bikes since I was a kid when my long passed father got me started. Have a 95 Daytona and this 71 OIF Bonnie. Also have a 48 Chrysler street rod and am building a 30 A tudor all old school. Course whats old school now was once hi tech to me. Anyway I pretty much like anything that's loud and fast. Sorry if I pissed anyone off by not doing an intro first.

i

·
Registered
897 Posts
Flathead,Welcome aboard.I wouldn't go any further than .060 over on a rebore.Ive seen +.080 pistons and rings for sell but your getting close to the limit on the sleeves.The 750 in a 650 engine is mostly done by aftermarket cylinders like Map cycles,Rout(not sure on the spelling).I'm sure someone will know of other manufactures but that's all that I can think of now.Anyone got anymore suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.