Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pulled my triumph frame out the garage the other day. it has a bolt on amen savior rear end on it. im not sure if i want to make a chopper build out of it, i was going towards a bobber look. any ideas? or maybe just sell it and not waste a good chopper build. let me know guys

·
Registered
154 Posts
The "savior" is one of the most horrid things ever attached to a motorcycle frame. And they look bad too.
I hated the look on mine too and it handled horrible, so years ago I cut the spring fixtures off and did an easy repair. I put those assembled Savior spring units on ebay and got way more than I expected. Here's a pic... you can see where I cut it and how I "fixed" it.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It might not look so great now but I bet when it's all cleaned up, powder coated and re chromed it would look killer. If it was mine I would run with it.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
187 Posts
if you are gonna do it, rake that thing and go long. I don't mind the frames cleaned up at all but the newer shorter minimal look with them is just wrong to me. I have an aae, tried to make it sleeker but it didn't work. Went with a 7 over springer, twisted sissy, king queen and grew a mustache. All is well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts