Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body ever seen a 750 rod with a small end bushing? cause these are advertised as such.

http://www.triumph650.com/servlet/the-457/70-dsh-1511A--TRIUMPH-650/Detail

I have a bad rod in my current build, im looking for an alternative to $175-$250 new replacment. I do have a machine shop at my disposal, so reaming the small end of my rods wouldnt be a problem. Has anyone else done this or know of anyone who has?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
...hello man,
first I tell ya that you can do whatever; all things are possible. I have been sorting all types of obstacles to maintain my 48 pre unit alive and kicking, BUT all out of necessity due in my country there are no leftovers of these old machines, no good machine shops to balance bike engines and that s my DAILY driver.
So, there in USA, you can have the spares available and fine machine shops...

-As you know, the T140 con rods are shorter, stronger and polished without bushes
so if you put one you also need to put 650 spindles and so on

·
Registered
498 Posts
That bush will fit a 650 triumph.The 650 uses 11/16" gudgeon pins.
The T140 uses 3/4" gudgeon pins,so the bush won't fit a T140.

If the rod has seen enough use to wear out its small-end,I'd say it's past the use-by date.Making it even thinner to fit a bush won't help the metal fatigue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.