Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help:confused::confused::confused:
i have noticed my engine has 3 small holes on the primary side near the electrics, problem is i have cut a hole in my primary case to show my brassed clutch off but these holes squirt oil into the primary case and it then fills up,
i can only see these 3 little holes on a 750 engine pic ??? can these be blocked
are these necessary ??? i've seen bikes with the primaries cut open and even a belt conversion how do they stop oil going everywhere any pics/answers will be great fully received

:)
cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Block the holes, I guess, but then you have to install a seal on drive end of crank. You should read up on 1970 and later oiling/ crankcase breathing changes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
MAP sells a kit to block these holes and move the breather when using their belt drive kits. You might talk to them a bit about it. Cheap if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Easiest way to plug those holes is (3) Triumph part # 60-4255 hammer drive rivets. Same as the ones that hold the timing cover plate on. If these are plugged you can make a breather that screws into the timing hole on the top rear of the engine case and vent the cases that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts