Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I replace a high gear bush that's either cracked or in peices? Would I be able to press it out as I press in a replacement bush using a blot and washer type techinque like I've seen people do with a small end bush on a con rod?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Couldn't hurt...it does tend to loosen things up, but the coeffecient of expansion between the steel and bronze might not work in your favour in this time....in any case it wouldn't hurt a bit to toss the new bushing in the freezer before assembly.

·
Registered
561 Posts
when I go to my local Triumph guru and asked about this he just grabbed the gear , rummaged around , found a drift and beat it out and replcaed it in a simlar way.

Everythings fine and I guess the bloke knows how these things fit and how much force can be applied. I just know if I used his approach on the various parts I've taken to him Ii'd have just a pileof bits.

If youre doing it y'self I'd use a little heat and steady applied pressure: slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Leave the heavy full on approach to them that know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.