Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys A buddy of mine gave me a 72 Trident frame. I was gonna put a 750 twin in it. I have read a lot of the threads here and they are pretty old. Will a T120 hardtail fit this thing. Some say yes and others say no. I really am a newb to bikes. I usually build hot rods. Can someone set me straight on this before I waste my money on something that won't fit. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that lol. Being this is my first go around with a bike I was trying to keep it simple. Guess I should have picked a different loop lol. But it was free.

·
Registered
343 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the trident front loop is the same as the bonny's, but is wider between the bottom rails to allow the trident engine to fit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sure I could adapt the 650 hardtail to it somehow. It looks just like a Pre OIF 650 frame other than what you said about where the engine bolts being wider. Unfortunately I don't have access to a 650 to compare.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You should ask over on britbike.com, some of the most knowledgable people about brit machines are over there, who would know for certain the differences between the frames.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Should work, I just went out to my garage to check. I have a trident front loop and a unit 650 rear frame section and swing arm, looks like it will bolt up, I just don't have bolts to put them together.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Trident frame bolts up the same as any unit frame.
In addition to the lower rails being wider the top support brace is like 1.5 inches higher.

Make sure you get the longer trident motor mount bolt on the bottom!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts