Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what came in the mail today. Thank you for all of the advice. I'm going to watch the engine rebuild dvd several times, see what kind of hardware I'm going to need to buy to crack this beast open, and get to it. Thank you for deterring me from soda-blasting an intact motor. I'm glad to be doing things right. In the long run, I think I'll have more pride in my final build knowing I rebuilt the beast with my own two hands! Well...considering I accomplish my goal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I agree. When I'm riding 3 states away with nothing but a
Small toolkit, I'll have peace of mind knowing that everything is in proper mechanical condition. If not, all I'd be thinking about are full sludge traps and gravel-like gunk just waiting to dislodge an ruin my week!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Good luck with the build
Please keep us updated, and give an opinion on the Glenn's Triumph Manual.
Haven't seen that manual in these parts.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Very cool! The pride of kicking it over the first time knowing it is done right by you will make any extra expense seem minimal. Have fun and keep us updated!

·
Registered
155 Posts
You have a good attitude. Research first tear apart later. Smart! Good luck, feel free to ask any questions that you can't figure out with what ya got.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice! I just did the same thing with the addition of the 3/8's sockets. After watching the rebuild DVD twice, I had my engine apart on Saturday. Can't believe how easy it made it.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
at the time of my teardown the first video was just becoming available...I watched it numerous times...but after that there wasn't a unfamiliar part of the motor....it was as if I had already been there.
I also discovered "missing parts" and someone had attempted to clean the sludge tube only to just take off the cap and wash it out.....the tube was "clean" but after pulling it out there was a ton of crap caked between the tube and the crank..
I honestly believe Wes' vid saved this motor from ....I would have never attempted (or known) about the tube.......
Good luck, post some pics, and keep us informed......I promise you wont be disappointed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts