Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

ive got a used 5 in a 4 revtech tranny i recently installed and on the first ride with in a couple miles it kinda ate it.

i pushed in the clutch and it dropped the kicker arm straight to the ground while making some kind of ratcheting sound. towed the bike home, took the side cover off and discovered that ive got too much mainshaft thrust/side play. if i push the mainshaft towards the clutch, the starter gears start to drag, if i push it towards the right side of the bike, the starter gears spin freely again.

i dont have a manual or parts diagram for this tranny besides a crappy blurry one i found online. anyone have any idea's or if there are thrust washers in the tranny? ive never taken one apart but dont see it being a problem.

thanks ya'all

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mainshaft is captured by the Door bearings...
If you have end play on the shaft the door bearing has gave up the Ghost..OR..The nut has backed off the shaft.
thanks for the reply!!

which nut? the one in the kicker housing or the clutch side? also, do you sell parts for these revtechs by chance?

G

·
I am a Dealer for CCI...
Should be able to find a dealer in your area...
http://www.customchrome.com/DealerLocator.aspx

=====================================================

The nut (93-510) screws up on the shaft (93-503) next to door bearing (30-535)... That is behind the kick cover...

The door bearings has clips (49-110) that hold them in position...This could also allow the shaft to move if it has came out of the door.

Being you have a kicker....the door will look like the one in the lower photo...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took everything apart and that nut backed off!! secured it with loctite and no more main shaft play! thanks dude!!

sent you a PM about parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts