Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as it is polite to introduce oneself when joining a board...
here goes.

i have a day job that pays the bills.
and then i work part time at a bike shop.
im the shops web site admin. i pickup broken down bikes and bring them back to the shop for repairs. as far as working on bikes i mainly just work on my own, and when i screw that up. the people that do it for a living enjoy giving me shit for fucking up....but then are cool and show me the error of my ways.

i have a long bike (used to be an evo):
http://www.scooterworkschoppers.com/Toby.html

its is under major reconstruction. an FHP knuckle is going in. and it is being painted with a different look entirely.

http://www.scooterworkschoppers.com/LOF.html
http://www.scooterworkschoppers.com/LOF2.html

the lord of flake lettering on the tank will be coming off. the painter is way cool beyond words and hooked that on there as a surprise...but in my opinion the lettering and the scallop lines are just too busy. the tank will just have the scallops in the final version.

i have a short bike:
http://www.scooterworkschoppers.com/PB2.html

this bike is my rock. the fucking peterbilt! yes its an evo mill and yes i have a shovelhead that would look great in there . but when something works, ive learned to not fuck with it. this bike makes long treks and survives with VERY little downtime.

i have a shovel based project that must wait until the long bike is done. but it has been mocked up to some degree:
http://www.scooterworkschoppers.com/SB1.html

and i have 2qty KZ1000 police specials. one comes in handy as urban assault vehicle during my rides into the pentagon and washington dc.

ill have to search for some pics of those. one is a parts bike, as it was taken to a bike event one year and powerbraked until the rear wheel was down to the rim. and then it was in a flood.

i like what i see here and look forward to seeing class bikes, learning from others and passing on what i can.

t

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey that "peterbuilt" bike, is that one of them their OCC bikes? Sure looks awfly pretty. Just kiddin! Welcome. You have some great bikes. Learning at a bike shop is great and then applying it to your own bike is a great source of experiance, and that leads to wisdom. Watch and learn then don't be a pain but ask some ?'s Try to figure out why somebody is doing somthing one way and then confirm it. take everything with a grain of salt because one way is not the only way or even the best. you have a great opportunity there, one that many never get. its better than any MMI course, its real world and from many different sources. You can learn from the talented and also the untalented, the wisdom is knowing which is which and the lessons learned from each.
Now can you snatch the pebble from my hand my son......
fastsporty

·
Registered
149 Posts
todd said:
some sort of wassel tank from vtwin. i dont remember the part number off hand i bought it a couple of years ago and finally have something to use it on
Thanks man, looks great.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Hey you fucking ****, are you following me or some shit?!

Lord of Flake? ! ? ... Shouldnt that be Queen of Flake??

hahah!

Hey you fuckbag, I am going to try to make it out to the StinkOut next year. You owe me many beers... I hope you have something cool to ride when I roll out, cause I will have to tell you that a 10' distance will be required with that sort of shite.

PS. Did you want pics of those split shovel boxes???
Email me.

Attachments

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rockymtnpits said:
Hey you fucking ****, are you following me or some shit?!

Lord of Flake? ! ? ... Shouldnt that be Queen of Flake??

hahah!

Hey you fuckbag, I am going to try to make it out to the StinkOut next year. You owe me many beers... I hope you have something cool to ride when I roll out, cause I will have to tell you that a 10' distance will be required with that sort of shite.

PS. Did you want pics of those split shovel boxes???
Email me.
hey look at you bringin the stand up so early on a sat morning.
good for you
you hope I... have something cool to ride next year?!

oh man, you better hope you have something cool to ride cause when when i beat you down and pour those beers on your dome im gonna snatch yo ride from you... so it better be choice.
so stay cool hunny bunny and i may even let you ride next to me and get sloppy seconds.

as for the rockers....im just looking for a set of unmolested ones.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i really like the look of the short bike almost would put a evo in my pan just because i keep hearing how you don't have to work on them.Of course would miss wrenching on the pan.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Richie said:
Ha!
I didn't even know "fuckbag" was a word!!

:D
Its an integral part of my vocabulary, but I seem to use it when talking to Todd more than other occasions...:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts