Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Uh...in my case it's "How many times?" and that's just this week.

My old 9th Street motto, "I can't go home, I'm not bleeding yet."

Seriously, people always ask me why I wear all that gear, even in the hot ass summer. Go on sporting ride with me, or a track day, and you'll know why. It's never been a question of "if" it is always "when".

·
Registered
675 Posts
Twice with really bad injuries and about 5 other times where I walked away from it. Its true... its not if, but when. Just try to minimize the damage with the right gear,a watchful eye, and safe (ish) riding.
ALLEY CAT said:
after reading the "glove thread" it seems almost everyone has met pavement!!
im curiuos to see how many have

only post if you have!!!! dont want to jinks anybody

·
Registered
500 Posts
VA Rebel said:
The old saying is true: "Two types of riders.....those that have crashed & those that will".

Crashing sucks.

Crow, how you doing? You own that cable company yet?
Still working out the details. Ya need free cable? Hahahahaa!!

I'm actually hoping to get a particular 900ss out of that whole incident. We'll see. Neck's cool though. I already eaten it a couple of times since then, my own doing this time though. Sorry I can't make the Thaw. I was really planning on the ride out. Next time.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i got his by a speeding cop car while I was pulling through and intersection. fucked me up descent (broke pelvis, blah blah blah etc) and sixth months later im wrecking dirtbikes. Pretty good too, I went over the bars doin like 40 last weekend. Same thing with me and the crow, ridin offroad guys on quads are like whatsup with the lid? Offroad for me its like balls to the wall, no cars to worry bout, fuck it. Im gonna wreck, with a helmet, most of the time I can hope right up before I have to kick the bike over again.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
been left turned twice and had one pull in front of me on the highway. went to the hospital all three times. cracked shins, broken pelvis and 10th degree roadrash (thats where it eats through your leathers before going to the bone.) and every fucking driver said "BUT OFFICER, I DIDN'T SEE THE MOTORCYCLE"
got a new superglide out of the last one in '73. (first wife got a house)

·
Registered
500 Posts
got a new superglide out of the last one in '73. (first wife got a house)
Ya see, that's why I ride a supermoto styled bike fer my daily. I mean, I'm already a stuntman so I figger just take the hit, take the check and move on. Every few months or so it's like a cash influx, and the cagers learn something. The rest of the time I'm breathing fire up their ass and blinding 'em in their rear views. I am the rider you curse on yer way to work, but you see and hear me. That is the only advice I have for street riders; kill or be killed.

·
Banned
648 Posts
Crow said:
Ya see, that's why I ride a supermoto styled bike fer my daily...

Not to hijack, but Crow, let's see your SM set up. I used to commute on an old DR350 and loved hopping curbs, standing up looking over traffic and overall moto feel on the street. Been thinking of a getting a daily rider motard set up bike once the trumpet is sorted out a little more.

-Bill

·
Registered
500 Posts
Billdozer1811 said:
Crow said:
Ya see, that's why I ride a supermoto styled bike fer my daily...

Not to hijack, but Crow, let's see your SM set up. I used to commute on an old DR350 and loved hopping curbs, standing up looking over traffic and overall moto feel on the street. Been thinking of a getting a daily rider motard set up bike once the trumpet is sorted out a little more.

-Bill
[hijack]
I've posted it before but here ya go...

It's really more of a street tard than a supermoto. I would love a KTM or Husky but my ass wouldn't after the 200 miles a day I normally ride. The XR is a venerable old horse, reliable as winter, and I have never had a problem stomping squids with all of it's 35hp. I have a set of 17" CBR mags that are going on it and a few more styling mods to "finish" it, but it's my daily. 2005 model I bought new last January that now has over 13,000 hard miles on it. I love that bike!!! I've built it to crash and raise hell. The "traditional" bike I'm working on will have a similar but more era feel. Picture a two-stroke speedway/drag bike.[/hijack]

·
Registered
625 Posts
lemme see...the fun ones were...
almost broke my ankle last year in myrtle and had to be trailered back to nashville and duck taped a wood splint so i could shift to get home...couldnt hardly walk for 2 weeks and hadda get a cast when i got home.

racin the dogs in the pasture last spring on a 250 niped one of the dogs and flipped over the bars as front wheel found ground hog hole.. broke ribs and had guys runninout to the field holding their hand over my open my beer shouting he's gonna need it, he's gonna need it... i did.

had a guy pull out in front of me and as i went to go around him instead of hitting the ass of his car he turned left in front of me. locked it up and slid into him. didnt know i hit him so i left. he reported me as a hit and run. told the police i just picked up my bike off the ground and road away to make me look more guilty... i cant just pick a road king off the ground that easy.. and i only lived a quarter mile away.. i wasnt runnin.. i guess i got him with the highway peg... he kept doing drive bys to check me out after the police called me and took my part of the story... both insurace companies and police took my side. you'd have to see the corner. people pull out infront allthe time there... i live on that street and wont go that way anymore beause of it.

butche

·
Registered
170 Posts
I slammed into a construction dumpster going about 15 MPH ( long story).....all three of us , me,the bike and the dumpster made it through with only minimal injuries.

I have a dent in my rib cage from the handle bars though.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Another bike pulled out in front of me and a friend on his bike in construction, no where to go put it down at aprox 50 no helmets or riding gear. He was killed by his head hitting the meidian, I was busted up and had a bunch of road rash it happened 25 years ago and I can still feel the pain in the joints.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hears a good question to everyone. Scar tissue, How much bragging rights do you guys have. I got around 2 ft of it, between surgery and rash. Few inchs of non moto related, but no cool stories behind that (Ithink I was runnin with my boots unlaced).

Oh and, cool shaped scars and how you got em. The handlebard rib cage bump got me thinkin bout that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts